The kids were so excited to see Mrs. Bowers last night.
Before we left to go see her, the kids (unsolicited-totally
their own idea!)got all the money that they had in their wallets and
decided that they wanted to give it to Mrs. Bowers to
help feed the children in the orphanages in Ethiopia.
Stephne oversees 3 orphanages in Ethiopia...she is here
through CWA raising money for a MITTIN factory. MITTIN
is a nutritional supplement that Stephne developed (with
a lady in Africa) using grains readily available in Ethiopia.
It has proven to do wonders for the children in
the orphanage and the babies that she often
has to rescue because they have been abandoned.
There is so much more to this amazing story and how
God is using Stephne but I can't relate it all here.
Anyway, Stephne was so thankful and told all of them
exactly how many meals their money would buy.
Ethan only had .12 and when he initially got it out-
I thought that it wouldn't be enough to do anything...
but decided not to tell him that. Well, I was
wrong. Stephne said that .12 would buy two meals in
Africa. Izzy emptied her entire wallet...about $4
that she had earned by helping clean house. She willingly
gave it all. Stephne was so gracious and plans to take
their money with her and personally use it to buy food
for the children. She hopes to send pictures of the children
to Hunter, Ethan and Izzy so they can see the exact
children that they helped. While their money didn't seem
much to me, it was to them. They gave what
they had, therefore the title of this post...
the faith of a child.
Then last night after I had prayed with her and the boys,
I was on my way downstairs but I heard her praying so I stopped
and listened outside her door. This is what she
prayed "God, help Mrs. Bowers to take care of the children
like You want her to. And when I grow up help me to be like Mrs. Bowers"
I think when I grow up I want to be like Mrs. Bowers too.



1 comment:
Precious. Reminds of the story of the poor widow who gave 2 coins which was all she had. (Mark 12) Your children have great faith - I loved their prayer!
Post a Comment